Thursday, July 12, 2007

Fighting for Freedom


Justin made it home yesterday! I think I have the most amazing husband in the world. He has been working 14+ hour days on a ship with no ventilation system all week...comes home, and let's ME take a nice long bath while he plays Chutes and Ladders with Alana. How lucky am I? Justin does his job with as much positivity as possible, but he said something to me yesterday that stirred a thought in me that I had not really considered. He (as well as many other servicemen) has dedicated his life (at least 4 years of it) to serving our country to protect OUR freedom. I don't know how much you know about the Navy, but it doesn't provide its sailors with much freedom at all. So while Justin is working hard to make sure we have all of those first amendment rights...he basically is allowed none of them. He can't say what he wants to say, dress how he wants to dress, the list goes on and on...and while all these things are simply part of the job description--I just want to make sure that everyone stops and takes a minute to really be thankful for the freedoms we have been given. God Bless America! Now I have to go clean my apartment to the standards of the Navy for my inspection in a couple hours :)

7 comments:

Jenna Lea said...

WOW!! Thant's great! Your husband kinda reminds me of my dad. He's been working in Houston every week and coming home on the weekends. He doesn't get very much sleep, but when he is hom he takes my sister and me to work on our athletics. It may not sound like much, but my mom can do a ton of things that she wants to do that she can't when she has to keep us straight. I mean, my dad's not in the Navy and We're not 3, but I kinda saw a similarity there. You're WONDERFUL! I'm praying for you and your family. :D

anne said...

Justin sounds like a great guy.Thanks for sharing, and Justin thanks for working to protect us all at the expense of having to leave your beautiful wife and daughter for extended periods of time.You are a blessing!

jon schneck said...

I was the 100th viewer of your blog. lets party!

anne said...

Can I come to the party?

Jenna Lea said...

me too! :D

Jenna Lea said...

Sorry about all the errors in my first comment. It was typed at 5:30 in the morning. It says 6:43. hummmmm.

Melanie said...

Wow.. I bet you are really glad to have him home. :) I remember thinking about the whole thing with the military and their basic rights many of us take for granted, but it's been a while. Thanks for the reminder.

I remember once on Father's Day my husband told me to go out and take a break and he'd watch them. It was much needed. I went to Burger King (of all places), sat down and had a milkshake. It was really nice to have one without having to share half of it; and it was relaxing. That was such a sweet thing for Justin to do, and you are lucky indeed. :)