Wednesday, July 18, 2007

My Coke Addiction (as in cola, people!)


After spending the past two days with a horrible headache, I finally walked to the Exxon so I could buy a coke, aka my drug of choice. I haven't had any caffeine in a few days...the withdrawals were fierce! I'm talking headaches that couldn't be put to rest with Tylenol, Ibuprofen, or Aleve...but give me a few swigs of coke and presto, change-o, it's gone! Like Alana would say, "It's like magic, Mommy!" I haven't posted in a few, so I guess there are a couple of minor things to blab on about...They came and fixed my electrical situation, although Alana had no light in her room for a week. They put the original fixture back up yesterday, and all is well with that. My microwave has decided to call it quits, which to some people may not seem like such an ordeal but for me I feel as useless as someone with no arms without it. I'm all about the convenience! Justin says we can cook frozen dinners, etc. in the oven and I laugh at him. That's just silly. So now I am on a mission to find a new microwave. Everything with our move is set and ready to go. We pick up keys on August 10th, but the movers won't be here until the 13th. I have lots of packing to do! And Justin is getting ready to ship out again for another two weeks (on Friday)...that puts him back oh, a week before we move. I heart the Navy. Ok, I loathe the Navy...but I am thankful for the opportunities that it has given my family at the same time :) I shall close this entry with one more most random thought...I just saw today that Kat von D from the show Miami Ink is getting her OWN show on TLC, called LA Ink. Maybe I am the last to know this, or maybe I am the only one to care...but I think Kat von D got the raw end of the deal and I knew she would be back...Ami, all I can say is "Nah nee nah nee boo boo". And on that note, I have to get back to my coke.

4 comments:

Jenna Lea said...

I use to have an addiction to carbinated drinks. I stopped drinking them for a year and now i like them even more. That probably doesn't help you any.

I hope you're move is as stress free as possible. My friend Keneé is getting married next weekend and we are going to help them a little with packing for their move. I didn't realize how much stuff they had! I'm praying for you and your family. You're amazing!!

Melanie said...

Yea, the caffeine withdrawals can cause some major headaches. I can't have caffeine, but people where I work often live on the stuff, including the high caffeine energy drinks.

Moving is the pits, period. I know I got stuck moving once right after my husband got a job photographing for church directories, and I was pretty much on my own and very pregnant. I don't know how you do it with all of the moves the military usually often requires. I'd go crazy. LOL
But if I had to move often, I'd probably have less junk. ;)

I hope there are some people around that can help.

--Melanie

Melanie said...

I just read what I wrote... please pretend like the sentence structure on that last entry makes sense. I know it's pretty bad. LOL

sjaarnaeh said...

I Dont Drink Much Soda So I've Never Had That Problem But I Sure Do Know What A Bad Headache Is Like! :(
I Also Know How You Feel About Your Microwave...Without One I Dont Know What I Would Do!
Well, I've Said It Before And I'm Sure That I'll Say It Again...I'm Still Praying For You And Your Family As You're Moving And I Hope That That Goes As Easily As Possible! :)