Thursday, August 2, 2007

One man's junk...


Oh great, before we know it I will be so famous that weirdos will create fake profiles for me...Haha, JUST kidding. I have been sort of non-existent (at least in the blogging world) for a week or so. There is a lot going on, but it's all been good. Justin should be home tomorrow sometime, which I am extremely excited about! It's so annoying having such an amazing husband and not being able to see him. We just keep reminding ourselves that this is just a stepping stone to our next phase of life...one where we will be together a lot more often :) I finished selling all the stuff I wanted to get rid of...I managed to make over $400 doing so, and then I went to IKEA last weekend and bought Alana new bedroom furniture...and we got a new dining room table and chairs. I mean, my table rocked...well, it would have if I was 60 years old and lived in Miami. Some of you have seen the "Golden Girls' table" that I had...it HAD to go. And of course, I had a few offers on it...then I sold it to the "Blind in one eye" guy. Don't ask. I had to warn Justin of what I was doing, because otherwise I knew he would come home tomorrow and all of our furniture would be gone...and we have a bunch of boxes in the dining room. I'm not putting the new stuff together until we move...Let's let the movers take the stuff and carry it up the stairs...and then my most favorite dad can put them together :) Two of the boxes weigh 125 lbs, and two weigh just shy of 100...I had to unload them all with the help of Natalia...and my back is still paying for that. I've decided that you can sell just about anything on craigslist. I laughed so hard that I cried at some postings...Natalia said she could sell her toenails on there and someone would probably buy them haha. Then again, she didn't believe that I could sell my table for more than $5...So it's off to the dentist for me again today. Hopefully this will be my last trip in a LONG time...other than my regularly scheduled cleanings, of course! And then there's the packing thing...The moving company came to do a walk-thru yesterday and assured me that this would be an easy move. Now THAT'S what I like to hear! I'm gonna go see what other kind of junk I can turn into treasure...Please people, do not try to impersonate me. It will be impossible. I am too, too "special".

5 comments:

anne said...

Well it seems like you are managing quite well with all your packing ,lifting etc.How far are you moving?Justin will be extremly happy i'm sure when he gets home to see that you have most of the organisation done =) I'm sure you have earned another long ,relaxing bath....to soothe away the back pain.Have fun.lol..

Allison said...

I'm only moving like 25 miles but it seems like worlds away, thanks to a tunnel and horrible traffic!

Jenna Lea said...

I just have to say one thing. I don't like the dentist. I went yesterday and I found out I have severe gingivitis. I mean, I FLOSS A LOT!! okay, so ever time I flossed it hurt really bad and it bled a ton.
ANYWAY! back to the topic of YOU, since this is your blog. That's so exciting that Mr. Portas is most likely home right now! I hope your move is as unstressful as possible and that you get a lot of sleep. We just moved one of my friends (who just got married Sat.) and she lost quite a bit of sleep.
Oh yes! You are way to special for anyone to pretend to be you. I am too! :) This is really love so I better end my usual way! You're amazing and I'm praying for you are your family.

sjaarnaeh said...

It's Good To Hear That Your Move Should Be An Easy One! :D
HaHa, That's So Creepy That Someone Impersonated Jon And The Rest Of The Band :( Oh Well, Like You Said, Its Not Likely To Happen To You Or The Rest Of Us Special People That Read Your Blog...Besides Jon Assuming That He Does Read Your Blog :)

Melanie said...

Oh... too funny about the impersonations. LOL

I have to laugh about this:

I do need to put my daughter's salon stations on craigslist and see what happens. LOL We need to get more than $5 for sure. If you made $400 and got new stuff with the proceeds, you did very well indeed! I'm impressed.

Oh... and I am always overdoing things, and my back just "loves" me much of the time. LOL

And this really made me chuckle:
"Let's let the movers take the stuff and carry it up the stairs...and then my most favorite dad can put them together :)"

Isn't that what dad's are for? LOL

I hope the move goes very smoothly for you.

--Melanie