Monday, September 24, 2007

I have the best "JOB" in the world!


I finally got that "side hustle" that Justin was determined we needed...Ok, so he is a little wacky sometimes but that's why I love him so much. My job isn't really a job at all. I'm watching Natalia's son, Lucas, until she finds a respectable place to take him while she's working. Long story, but the point is it has turned out to be exhausting and quite entertaining all at the same time! He's not talking much yet, so my mommy skills are forced to kick back into gear...as far as the ones I need for trying to figure out what's going on in that little head of his--the rest are still fully in tact. Oh and of course I'm back to changing diapers constantly again. It's so fun to see Alana interact with kids younger than her...and to see her step right in and help me out. Just makes me smile, and consider what a great big sister she would be. Hopefully one day! Until then, we will just play big sister with Lucas and continue our fun-filled days as they are...

7 comments:

Jenna Lea said...

OOOOO... sounds fun. And being a mommy is a BIG job. I wonder why they don't get paid? heehee.
Alana sounds like my sister. When I was born she ALWAYS wanted to hold me and change my diaper. She'd rock me too. That part wasn't so great.
Sounds like you're doing amazing job and Natalia put Lucas in good hands. You're amazing! I'm praying for you :D

sjaarnaeh said...

Thats So Exciting! Sounds Like You Will Be Having Lots Of Tiring Fun :D
That Picture Is So Cute! Have Fun With The Giant Bouncy Balls! :)

Melanie said...

The photo is adorable. Hopefully you will get to the end of the mystery of why Lucas isn't talking so much. I had my own child with speech/talking issues and she's very verbal and social now. Sometimes it's just a matter of not allowing others to talk for them. Sometimes there are other issues. Natalia is fortunate to have you caring for Lucas.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Allison said...

There's no mystery to why he's not talking...He is barely 2 years old...Alana didn't talk until she was like 2 1/2. He says "Yes, No, Baby, Mommy, Bye bye...etc" but he isn't old enough to communicate like Alana does with me. (Just wanted to clear that up!)

Melanie said...

Thanks for the clarification. That sounds pretty normal. :)

NaTaLiA said...

Hello All: I just wanted to say that Melanie is right, I am fortunate to have had Allison care for Lucas, she is trully a blessing in my life. We love you with all our hearts.
I opened a google account and am now part of your blog fans, Im a slacker though when it comes to this stuff but if there is any blog fan group that I would ever join it would be yours S.