Saturday, November 17, 2007

Thank ya, Thank ya very much...uh HUH.


All of my recent posts have been pretty much me pushing Just As I Am Clothing on you...which I am not ashamed of, by the way :) Yet while preparing to enter a week of Thanksgiving, I thought I would take a minute to reflect on the things I am most thankful for. This could turn into another 100 list...but it won't, because I'll try and abridge. I will say this, I am extremely blessed...So here goes!

~My God...How great is He? I don't know where I would be without Him, and my heart breaks for people who do not know Him, because I can't imagine living a day in my life without faith...and my life is good!
~My marriage. Wow, marriage is not easy breezy all of the time. But I am thankful that Justin and I know that when you live the way God has planned for you, it makes it a lot easier :) In fact, it makes it one of the greatest gifts of all!
~I have the best family anyone could ask for...This extends from Justin and Alana (Portas Team) to my own parents and siblings, siblings-in-law, grandparents, to Justin's family (which, now, would be mine as well haha)...Specifically, I am thankful to have the most amazing and wonderful parents. They have loved me when maybe I didn't know how to love myself...and they have taught me by example how to be a good parent.
~There is a roof over my head, even if it is also the same roof that keeps the mice warm...
~I can't remember a time I've been truly "hungry" in my entire life...although, I can remember a time when I went without things solely by choice...
~My friends are like no other. They are the ones who love unconditionally and would give the shirt of their backs if needed.
~The military. Yes, I said the military. It's a love/hate relationship I have, but in all reality anyone who knows me knows the amazing changes the military has brought into my life.
~Time with my husband. So many people take this simple thing for granted. I am thankful for having learned to make every moment count. Justin, I love you.
~Noggin. It allows me to do things like post on my blog when Alana is awake :)
~My health. I may not be in top model shape, but I am generally healthy and (knock on wood) don't get sick much.
~Just As I Am Clothing...okay, I threw it in there--so sue me! :) This has truly been the most challenging and rewarding project I've been a part of. And I'm thankful for all the support we've had in the process...
~My blog-reader-friend-a-ma-jigs. Whether you are a faithful commenter or just one who lurks from time-to-time...I appreciate each and everyone of you for thinking I'm kewl enough and for caring what I have to blab on about from day to day. Some days I think Justin is most grateful for you all (jk!)

This week will be filled spending time with family and friends, football, and turkey (no tofurkey this year, sorry PETA)...I hope it is a safe and blessed week and that everyone will take a minute (or two or three) to think about what they really have to be thankful for...

2 comments:

Jenna Lea said...

awww shucks!
i love that list and will make sure to think of what i'm thankful for.
you're amazing!! prayin' for ya! :D :D

Melanie said...

I've been thinking of making a list myself. It's been a crazy year here, but I still am very blessed. Most days of late I find myself wondering how it is that God is so good to me, when I'm so not. Thanks for sharing... and I love Just as I Am. BTW, it's one of my favorite hymns. I was baptized in the American River early fall a long while ago. That was some of the coldest water! As we walked into the river the congregation sang, "Just As I Am", so that line holds a special memory for me.

Have a wonderful thanksgiving.

--Melanie