Saturday, March 15, 2008

A Portas Family First


I feel like shouting from the rooftops! Today was a first in the Portas family...We ALL three went to (and sat through) an entire movie together! We took Alana to see "Horton Hears a Who" after her dance class today. We were reluctant, after Justin's first attempt to take her to a movie (albeit a while ago) went horribly awry. She is much more mature now, however, (as mature as a 3 1/2 year old can be) and sat in her seat the entire hour and 28 minutes like a champ! Justin said it was the best day of his life :) After Horton, we went to the Bradford's house to have a mini-birthday celebration for Felicia. It was a busy kinda day...MUCH better than yesterday! I have to wake up bright and early to drive Justin to the ghetto town of Portsmouth...He has duty, and we need the car to go to church. The sacrifices we must make...So I shall close with the stand-out highlights of my day:
1) Alana saying her favorite part of the movie was "when the kangaroo came nice"...and the "feck" (speck) that the Whos lived on.
2) The cheesecake that Bradford paid $9 for...It was worth every penny.
3) The sunshine and 70 degree weather.
It's the little things in life...
A person's a person, no matter how small!

5 comments:

Jenna Lea said...

I want to see that movie! :D
I'm glad your day was much better today than yesterday. I love reading your blogs.
We won all of our games today!
oh yeah! are you still savin' up for your car?
My dad and i got lost. it's on my blog.
:D
You're AMAZING!

Melanie said...

I was just talking to someone at "Wally World" (aka Walmart) about that movie. I was a bit concerned because it was one of my very favorite stories as a child. Hey, I still like it as an adult! I do want to see the movie, though. So cute what Alana said. :)

$9? That must have been some cheesecake!!

It snowed here today, but it didn't last long. It wasn't too bad considering. I'd love some 70 degree weather, though. :)

Glad you had a better day today. So did I!! :)

sjaarnaeh said...

:) Im Glad You Had A Good Time! Your So Lucky That It Was 70 Degrees! Just Like Melanie, It Snowed Here Too.

Jenna Lea said...

It was in the mid 80s in Houston yesterday. :D
I loved it. :D

Jenna Lea said...

I saw Horton Hears A Who today with my church! :D
I loved it! :)
katie was so cute.