Monday, May 19, 2008

I can't believe it!

It's almost here...the end of my chemistry class, that is!  I can't believe it!  We have exam #4 today and then have to do our presentations.  I am doing mine on Lupus, a disease that my Grandpa had.  I am quite possibly the worst public speaker ever.  The good thing is that there are only 7 other people in my class...The bad thing is, it doesn't make a difference.  So my dad is a pastor, who gets up and preaches every Sunday with such ease.  My mom is a nurse, but one who teaches...and she has no problem standing up in front of complete strangers and gracefully getting the point across.  (If she does, she is really good at faking it!)  And don't forget my brother, who can get up on stage in front of a bajillion people and rock out on his many instruments...What in the world happened to me?  Did I get skipped over in this gene department?  It's ok...At least it will be over after tonight.  Then all I will have to stress about is the final on Wednesday!!!  Just kidding, I'm not stressing...I'm looking forward to it...because then it WILL be over!  And then Alana and I are hopping on a plane to Nashville for a few days!

Wish me luck.  Tell me to break a leg.  Something!

3 comments:

sjaarnaeh said...

Good Luck!
Break A Leg!
Something! :) Im Sure Youll Do Great. I Stink At public Speaking Too...Even If Its In Front of People That I Can Talk To Perfectly Fine In A Normal Setting. And Im Sure Youll Do Great On YOur Final!

Jenna Lea said...

break a leg!
haha
remember your picture :)
and i have a few stories to tell you. one including a possible fire.

and i'm a horrible public speaker and the rest of my family is great. I know what you mean :) kinda. :D

Melanie said...

You know, my biggest problem with public speaking is volume most of the time. If you are prepared, you will do fine. Mostly it's a matter of practice and just doing it a few times. I wouldn't be surprised if your dad was a bit nervous the first time he spoke, same with your mom and I bet the first time Jon played I bet there weren't a bajillion people around. LOL

Anyway, most of those other people are probably just as concerned as you are and will be just as happy to have it over with. LOL

Yea, for almost finished chemistry classes. :) Hope you and Alana have fun in Nashville.