Friday, May 30, 2008

Strawberry Fields Forever



I admit that I can be out there sometimes, but there are moments that move me in a way I cannot put into words...and I think there is meaning behind those times.  Last weekend, when I was in Nashville, my mom had told me about feeling a certain buyer's remorse when she moved...and how in looking for a sign she was in the right place, she found wild strawberries growing in her backyard...It was like a message she was home. My grandpa had strawberry patches growing in his garden for as far back as I can remember.  One of my fondest memories of him is going into his backyard and picking strawberries or blueberries to eat.  So when my mom told me that, I thought it was cool...But it wasn't until I made my own discovery while mowing (or weedeating) my backyard yesterday that it became real...  Yep, you guessed it!  They weren't there last year...or the last time I mowed even.  To say I got chills would be an understatement.  I guess Grandpa is watching over us, too...

6 comments:

Jenna Lea said...

That's so awesome!! :D

Anonymous said...

Be careful those are poison berrys they are "snake berries" Just some FYI...haha we have some too and I have read that they have killed children before! ewww huh... but the story behind all this is amazing makes you know someone is up there watching over us!!!!!
TTYS Chick! Have fun babysitting today!! Call me if u want some company!!

Denise Schneck said...

I believe.
xo-Mom

anne said...

That is such a cool discovery...

Melanie said...

This is a photo of snake berries

http://www.invasive.org/browse/detail.cfm?imgnum=1120078

This talks about them being poisonous. It says you have to ingest a lot, but a small amount can cause pain in the mouth.

http://www.bio.net/bionet/mm/plantbio/1999-April/020212.html

I hadn't heard of these before.

Just check and make sure what they are before you eat them.

Awesome pic, and God is definitely good. :)

Melanie said...

I just had a cool thought about the snake berries/strawberries in that they might make a good object lesson. Compare the two. The best way to know that something is a conterfeit is to know the real thing. So it just struck me that the best way to know that it is a snake berry and not a real strawberry is to compare them to the real thing. The way to know a false message from a true one is to know the truth(gospel) well enough that the false becomes obvious. It's late, I'm tired and I'm not saying that well, but hopefully you get the point.