Thursday, May 1, 2008

When life hands you lemons...

Squirt the juice into that mean person's eye?  Is that how it goes?  I feel like as christians, we are attacked daily by the world...whether it's the temptation to do something we know we shouldn't, or the frustration we feel towards the person we know we are to love...The past couple of days I have realized even more how much satan WANTS us to suffer.  When things are going awry, there he is to remind us of it.  It seems like the better we are doing, the harder he hits.  In a way, I hate to give satan that much power, but you know what I mean.  He likes to kick us when we are down.  My last 2 weeks have been truly amazing!  I honestly thought I would have to force myself to school each night and the transition would be a rough one.  I can thankfully say that is not the case!  I have enjoyed getting back into the "real world" and dusting off the few brain cells I have left to do something purposeful.  (By the way, I feel motherhood is purposeful, so don't take that the wrong way)...The transition has been overall an easy one (for me at least, haha).  I got a huge bomb dropped on me yesterday when the school in which we had planned on enrolling Alana told me it was closing its doors for good, effective in June.  Suddenly, my search for a car was pushed to the back burner in lieu of a search for the perfect school.  I took a deep breath when I hung up the phone and reminded myself that EVERYTHING happens for a reason.  God knew this would happen.  It was all part of His plan.  All that being said, I've visited 3 preschools in the past 24 hours...one of which I think might be "the one".  It's so hard for me to make the decision, though...it will (in a way) break my heart to send Alana to school anywhere :)  Just because that proves that she is indeed growing up.  There are so many things that have happened in the past 2 days, that I feel are God's way of seeing if I'm up for the challenge.  I'm here.  I'm stepping up to the plate.  And I know that with Him on my side, NOTHING can stop me.  Excuse me while I go sip on some lemonade :)

3 comments:

Denise Schneck said...

That's the kind of attitude that will get you through every day of this new adventure...I am so proud of you!

Jenna Lea said...

I'm praying for you! :D
you're amazing.
keep pressin' on!

Melanie said...

Ahhh... sorry about the small setback. I have found, like you said, that things do happen for a reason. It's always a good reminder. God does know what's best for you and for Alana. It's a good thing. I rarely get it right in my own life. God is good.