Friday, July 11, 2008

Chattanooga Trip

I will give a "long story shorter" version of our mini-vacation and let the slideshow tell the rest.  We had an amazing time in Chattanooga.  It started out as a business trip for my mom and ended up being filled with unexpected fun!  We went with tickets for the Tennessee Aquarium in hand, but when we arrived at our hotel, I looked out the window and saw a baseball stadium across the street.  I am not a huge sports fan, but as you know I love to go see baseball games!  I did my research and found out that there was a game last night, so we added that to our itinerary.  While my mom was at her meeting, Alana and I decided to venture out on a walk through downtown Chattanooga, and lo and behold, there was a rad children's museum right next door to our hotel, too!  I think we were in heaven!  We spent a couple hours there while my mom worked.  Then it was back to the hotel for a quick swim in the indoor pool (for Alana and my mom, anyway) and then to see the Chattanooga Lookouts play ball!  This morning we woke up and walked to the aquarium...I really like the city.  It was a bit overcast when we first ventured out, but turned out to be a beautiful day.  I didn't get to take many pictures of the scenery outside...but I threw in a couple of "drive by" pictures of the most lovely Nickajack Lake on our way back to Nashville...keep in mind, I was in the car traveling at 70 mph.  One of the highlights of the aquarium (for me at least) were the penguins--they were showing off something fierce, and yes those are real pictures I took of them.  Then there was the butterfly garden.  Alana flipped for that!  I have never seen so many butterflies in my life!  Wow, there's so much I could tell...but just watch the video and see for yourself.  (A few of the pictures are pre-Chattanooga, but they are all from our visit here).  Enjoy!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Wow, sounds like you really made the most of that trip! I'm not much into sports, either, but a live game can be a lot of fun.

I love Aquariums. Both the Children's museum and the Aquarium look like amazing places.

The zoo in SLC had a butterfly exhibit in the summer. I need to see if they are doing it again. I love to photograph them. I really do like butterflies. :)

Glad you are having a good time.

--Melanie

P.S. Wow, I've never met Alana, and she seems to really have just grown in the short time I've been reading your blog.

Jenna Lea said...

i am so in love with those pictures.
they are super amazing and beautiful! :D

ya'll are wonderful!