Thursday, July 10, 2008

"Gunshot Kills Sailor Aboard Roosevelt"


That's what the headline says, followed by this article...

The US Navy says it is investigating the shooting death of a sailor aboard the aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt in port in Virginia.  

The incident took place Tuesday night while the ship was docked at the Norfolk Naval Station, The Daily Press reported.

The victim's name was not immediately released and it was not known if the shooting was accidental or intentional.  The Navy told The Virginian-Pilot that no details of the incident would be released for the time being.


This is what I say...

Is this somehow supposed to make me feel better about my husband leaving?  I woke up to find this article in my gmail inbox.  It's quite disheartening.  This happened 1/2 mile from my house.  Justin's ship will be there soon.  My heart hurts for the family of this sailor...Other that that, I'm kind of at a loss for words--and that doesn't happen too often!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Wow, I could see how that could be disheartening. :( I always hate to hear of such things. I don't imagine it is a terribly common thing, though. It's just sad.

Jenna Lea said...

i'm be sure to pray for yall and the family of the sailor.

Anonymous said...

Hey they said a few days ago that he killed himself on channel 13 news...I know its so sad! Prayers to his family...nothing should ever be that bad! :( I hate it!

sjaarnaeh said...

:/ Thats Awful