Thursday, July 3, 2008

GI Justin

I am feeling a wide range of emotions these days...I'm completely excited about starting my actual nursing classes.  At the same time, I am terrified of how hectic my life is going to be and the fact that Alana will be going to school everyday.  Then there's the huge fact that starting July 16th (yes, less than 2 weeks away), my husband will begin work-ups.  For those of you who don't know, work-ups is a nice way of saying he's not gonna be home much.  He'll be gone for weeks at a time, all the way until February when they will just take him away altogether on his 6-month deployment.  I can't believe he's already been home for over a year.  Those 8 months he was out before seem so close in my memory.  Please pray for Alana over these next weeks and months.  When Justin was on cruise in 2006-07, she was still young enough that I didn't have to explain too much...However, now that she is a big 4 year old that has been spending lots of "daddy time" while I'm at school...it's going to be a hard transition!  Oh, and of course, I need prayer too :)  But that goes without saying!  So this really isn't meant to be a depressing, sad entry.  In fact, amongst all of my negative (yes, I admit it) emotions, I also am very excited about something!  On Monday, another love of my life, George W., signed to make the GI Bill bigger and better!  It really makes our post-Navy plans a lot more brighter!  Let's just say, Justin will receive 100% of his college tuition paid in full...money for books and supplies each year...as well as BAH equivalent to an E5 with dependents.  (BAH=housing allowance).  This opens so many doors for us as a family!   Sometimes we fail to fathom the fact that our Father knows no limits.  I am happy to say that I serve a God that never ceases to amaze me!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool! George W. Rocks!

Jenna Lea said...

i'll be praying!
and i'm glad that you have that bright spot to look forward to! :)

Melanie said...

So glad to hear that so many good things are in the works. The unknown is always scary.. sheesh, even the known is sometimes. LOL

My hat is off to you both with the time apart. I know that has to be really very difficult, especially with so many changes. I know you probably thought of this already, but just get Alana to help prepare for his time away. Maybe she could make him something - a memento to take, maybe even help him pack. And a calendar to mark off days before he leaves and until he returns. There probably is no way to make it easy. I know I only was able to see my husband one day a week when I was nearing the end of my last pregnancy (admittedly a very long time ago), and that was hard enough.

Prayers go without saying and are on the way.

--Melanie

Denise Schneck said...

God knows what we need before we ask...He will take care of you!