Sunday, August 3, 2008

Heavyweight Champion of the World


They say that whatever doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.  Who are "they" anyway? While I've lived a happy and privileged life, I have also been through a lot.  Those of you who know me well, at least my family, most likely know what I mean.  For those of you who don't...we'll keep it that way, because the past is the past :)  One thing I have learned through the ups and downs though, is that it's because of the choices I've made that I ended up there.  A wise, wise soul tells me about once a day "You choose" and it's the truth.  I took Alana to see Kung Fu Panda yesterday.  She'd already seen it but insisted I see it with her.  It was cute, and had a pretty powerful message behind it.  "There's no secret ingredient".  It is how you see it.  The perception is your own choice.  So this week has been a very trying one in the Portas household.  I have found myself trying to be strong, getting knocked down and at times struggling to get back up again.  I was blow-drying my hair yesterday morning, through tears, and I thought "You know, if what doesn't kill you makes you stronger...I feel like the Heavyweight Champion of the World right now"...Yes, I am a bit dramatic, what can I say?  I have a lot of "choosing" to do in the next few days.  And while I may not know which is the right decision, I have faith that no matter where God leads me...the way I embrace it is my choice.

Peace, Love and...Skadoosh!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

It's easy to feel melodramatic when you aren't feeling well. Believe me, I have my moments. Besides, aren't women allowed that luxury?

The topic was prayer in church today, about worship and praise to God being first before our laundry list and that putting God first helps us to see Him as able to answer prayer. That wasn't the main part of the message exactly, but it is what I took from it. It made sense. It wasn't mentioned, but I just thought of the passage in Romans where it talks about the Holy Spirit interceding with groans. For a long time I took that to mean that the Holy Spirit interprets when we don't know what to pray, and I think that's included, but it struck me that the Holy Spirit interprets our prayers in accordance with God's will, which is the best for us, isn't it? It's hard being in the middle of choices. I feel like I've been stuck there a while. I will pray that He helps direct your path.

And I hope the health issue is resolved for you soon.

Oh, and this is really random, but I was just thinking of the Queen song, "We are the Champions." For some reason that song is uplifting. LOL

Jenna Lea said...

goodness, i love you!
and so does Jesus ;)
It's so great to know he'll always be there.

Denise Schneck said...

Love the new layout. The colors are GREAT!