Friday, September 19, 2008

Florida Fun, 1st Edition

We're here, and of course having fun! Yesterday we spent the day with my dad (Papa)...We went to Orlando for the moving sale of a huge christian bookstore where everything was supposedly 75-80% off. When we got there, it was already closed. Alana already had "bookstore" on the brain, so we went to Borders instead, followed by...wait for it...The Cheesecake Factory! Mmm...Baja Chicken Tacos...Oh sorry, where was I? Ah yes, so when we returned to the L.C. we headed over to play on the new playground at Papa's church while he ran off bulletins. Once the were printing (as the pictures prove), Alana got Papa on the playground with her :)
Searching for Pirate Treasures
In case you're wondering...
Papa did go down this slide after Alana :)
Swing me HIGHER, Papa!
Showing off her new "Fairy Land" book that Papa got her yesterday.
Alana's "poster child"

Aunt Jessica brought this craft to Alana...She cut and glued the hair and eyes...colored the clothes...And ta-dah! Now we have Alana on the refrigerator :) Grandma Nancy is a kindergarten teacher, so fun things like this are to be expected. Alana's attention span still needs a little work, so this literally took us all day to finish on Wednesday...ok, it seemed like all day :)

While I'm having a great time here, I miss Justin terribly...AND I got a completely depressing phone call last night from Melissa saying that they are moving back to Seattle on the 1st. This pains me. We won't be back until like 9 p.m. on the 30th...they leave at 6 a.m. on the 1st. Do the math. This means we will not see them again. Remember my post from Jonah's birthday? Yeah, Virginia will not be the same without the Knausses. So goes the military life. But I know they will be a part of our lives forever...

Peace, Love and Frequent Flyer Miles xo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable pictures(as usual)
PLEASE say you will be over "Wesley Chapel/San Antonio way" before heading home ??
Sorry about your good friends having to leave, but computers definitely make keeping in touch a little easier.
Have a wonderful time in Fla.

Melanie said...

I'm really sorry to hear that your friend's are leaving before you get back. That would bum me a bit to be sure. When I moved from Sacramento, I started a myfamily.com account. We started with a free version. My mom has been paying for it because we put up lots of pics, but it might be a good way to keep up with each other. The free version is pretty limited now, but you could check it out.

Anyway, I love the pics, as usual. I do wish you had a pic of your dad going down the slide. That would be priceless. LOL I bet he'd appreciate that. ;) Alana's poster is really adorable. Cute idea.

--Melanie

Denise Schneck said...

too cute...miss you!

Jenna Lea said...

this was a good blog w/ cute pictures... i'm just too tired to write something with meaning.