Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sick Sunday

This is how we spent our Sunday morning. Not in church, where Alana would have loved to have been...We were holed up in the Portsmouth Naval hospital ER. Alana decided to run a fever up to 104.5 all night. Even Motrin and Tylenol couldn't bring it below 101. These pictures are small, because I took them on my phone. Note the transition of mood from when we first got there, til the time we saw the doctors:
Feeling good!

Yay, I'm at the hospital and they aren't giving me shots!
When can we go home?

This is ridiculous!

All those beeping sounds are giving me a headache!
(Yes, she was upside down in the bed at this point)

All in all, she was a trooper! She was most disappointed, not that she was in the hospital, but that she wasn't gonna get to go to church. She kept looking at the clock (she can't tell time) and saying "Mommy, I bet church is gonna get out soon they better hurry!" We didn't find out much, other than what it was not. They did a strep and urine culture and both came back negative. Her temp is still 103+! Apparently her throat is super red and irritated, but she hasn't complained so how would I know? Now we sit and wait...or sleep and wait. I like that one better!

Peace, Love and Rest (please)

4 comments:

Jenna Lea said...

awww, poor girl.
i shall draw her a picture ;)

Anonymous said...

sory you and Alana had such a long , bad night. Certainly hope she gets better quickly. A grandmotherly word of advice....just keep the fluids going while that temp stays up...Forgive me...you are such a good mother I'm SURE you already knew that!! It was just my "gramma gene" acting up !!
Blessings to both of you. Xoxoxox

Amy said...

Hope Alana is better soon! :)

Melanie said...

Sorry to hear that Alana is sick. I'd much rather be in church than at the hospital myself. Hopefully by now her fever is dropping and she will be feeling great soon.