Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Start of my 30th Year...

Happy Birthday to me! I know my mom for one is loathing the thought of me turning 29, but I get a kick out of telling her that today is the start of my 30th year of life! (Makes her feel older than it makes me feel) I am embracing it, because every birthday I have equals successful survival of yet another year :) We have been celebrating my birthday all week, really. It started on Saturday when I came home and saw this on the table...(Justin takes pride in the fact that his coloring is ALMOST as good as Alana's)
I didn't open them until Sunday after church! We had a "party" at the McKinneys. Jeremy made ribs and they were SO good! It was a day of fun and food and football, and most importantly friends!!!

Then yesterday, there was a knock on my front door...And to my surprise, came a cookie bouquet from my mom! Alana has already eaten one of these yummy treats, but mainly just the icing and not the actual cookie.
And then there's today...My actual birthday...



Thank you to all of you who have sent me birthday wishes and cards and gifts...I am a lucky girl, I mean old lady! And I'm sure the celebration is yet to be over!

Peace, Love and Lots of Candles xo

5 comments:

Denise Schneck said...

Happy Birthday, Sweet Angel! I love you!

Jenna Lea said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
that video is sooo cute! :)

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday! :)

Glad you are already having good birthday happenings going on. :) Hope today is the "icing" on the cake. :)

God's blessings,
Melanie

P.S. The video is adorable, and from the childhood pics you have posted, I can definitely see that Alana resembles you a great deal!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your birthday celebrations..loved Alana's song. Also... no wonder you turned into such a lovely looking young woman....just look at that adorable little girl picture!!!
Many more !!
Love to all xooxox

Amy said...

So glad you are having a wonderful birthday! Enjoy! Alana is so precious! :)