Wednesday, January 14, 2009

God Moments

I'm going to do something right now that I hate, which is post something rather vague. I just feel compelled to share something that happened to me today, sparing the details for the most part. I woke up this morning with what seemed to be an internal conflict...While my heart longs to feel that God is in control of all, my head tells me that I need to try and micro-manage every detail for Him. I was truly struggling with one issue in particular, to the point that I could think of nothing else...and then something almost supernatural happened. I got an email from Justin. THAT is not supernatural in itself. What IS was the content of his email. It spoke of the exact battle that I was having within myself...He had no way of knowing what was going on in my head at that moment. We are connected in a way that I have never known with any other person, but still...I literally had to catch my breath. It's not that I don't expect God to show Himself to me. I just wasn't expecting it right then and in that way. I am really trying to relinquish ALL control. I cannot be on the fence, saying that He is in control of my life--while still trying to hold on to what I can. AND...that's all I have to say about that :)

Now it's off to do the obvious spiritual choice and watch American Idol LOL. I had to flip back and forth between The Biggest Loser last night, but my top choice of last night (what I saw) was the 16 year old girl who sang Put Your Records On...

Peace, Love and Big Moments

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) He is control...its hard to just sit back and let things happen but we both need to try huh....he always suprises us in the most shocking ways...me last saturday in service :)

night girl sleep good!!!1

Anonymous said...

He is good and He is in control. WE don't know what is going to happen but He knows and it will be the best for us.
I'm happy though that you are connected to your husband that way! that's great! a lot of ppl don't have that connection!!!
miss you girl!