Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I'm heeeeeere.

This post is especially for those of you (Angie & Andrea) that want to know where I've been. I'm here. Right here. I wish I could say that I haven't been posting due to incredibly exciting on-goings in my life that have kept me too busy, but the truth of the matter is that I haven't been posting because there's not much to tell :) Justin had to be on the ship on Monday night to go out for a few weeks. This has created all sorts of emotions in our household. Alana misses her daddy. I miss my husband. Justin hates being away. The real clincher is that he's going out for a few weeks, to be home for a few weeks, to leave for 5-6 months. So yeah...the most difficult part is knowing that this is how it's gonna be for a while. No one knows. Unless you have been a Navy wife, you cannot relate. You might think you can...you might be in a situation that seems similar...but you can't understand fully without having lived it. Angie, help me out here :) Now I'm trying to figure out what to do with my time while he's gone...

This week has been full of even more new toys! On Sunday, I woke up bright and early and hit up Walmart to find my Wii Fit. This was a Christmas present from my mom...one that we couldn't find. Well, I found it. I paid for it. I brought it home. I used it. I love it! Some of it is a bit corny, but for the most part it does its job. It registered Alana as weighing 4 lbs, and consequently extremely underweight for her height (ha!) and it made my Mii plump out to the point of depressing me...Jon showed me this video, and I didn't think it was as funny then as I do now :)



Justin also decided to buy some of the amazing old school Nintendo games for the Wii. He got some for himself, like Bases Loaded and Punch Out, but then he also got Super Mario Brothers 1, 2 and 3. I kid you not, it's like a drug. I can't get enough haha. When I started playing the Mario games, it was like an instant flashback to childhood. I can remember the exact place I first played those games. It was hilarious to find that even though Justin and I have a hard time remembering what someone said yesterday, we could still remember all the secrets and tricks on the games from so many years ago! I'm still working on beat Mario 3!

Lastly, I have been consumed by primetime television this week. The good shows are back! I have never wanted to watch so many shows at once. Ok, so tv rots your brain...but whatever, it's keeping me entertained for now. One Tree Hill is back with new shows and it was AMAZING this week!!! The new Bachelor...Holla! Gotta love Jason, but if DeAnna comes back and steals him away I don't know how I'm gonna feel. Mixed emotions on that for now. The Biggest Loser was quite inspiring last night...Made me want to get up off the couch and do something...kind of :) I'm looking forward to American Idol next week. I don't have a DVR anymore, so something's gonna have to be watched online or skipped altogether haha.

That's it for now.

Peace, Love and Rambly goodness

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay your here!!! Yeah this navy stuff is rough sometimes but hey if jeremy has to go, at least we will be here together!! haha if not we can visit each other often...or just mean at wilimington :) hahahahahhaha but the shows.......... like you said HOLLA!!!!!!!!

Jenna Lea said...

ahhahaha! I love that wii fit video! :)

yea, I watched the Biggest Loser last night and did 100 more sit ups. haha :)

Melanie said...

Oh my! That video really had me LOL!!! For real! That was too funny. Leave it to Jon to find something like that. :) And it goes well with things from IKEA? That really did make me laugh.

Sorry to hear that Justin has to be gone so long. I know you and Alana will miss him terribly. Thank you both and tell Justin I said thank you as well. I have friends in the air force and Josh was deployed just before Christmas. I only know it has to be tough.

Will say a prayer for you all.

--Melanie

Anonymous said...

hello!!!! good post!!! jeje. I miss you! I never heard before about the wii fit, but it seems to be fun! let us know how it work!!!
Bein alone its always hard but I now u and Angie will do the best and they will be back soon!!!! i hope! jeje.
Post some pictures of u guys I havent seen u for a while!!!! The show are great I love to watch them too specially Oth!!! this week was great!!! i love it i love it!!!!