Saturday, January 17, 2009

My Friday Night Date :)

I'm sorry I don't have any pictures to guide me along as I tell you about my "date" with Angie last night. I guess this is what you do when your husband is gone and you need to get out of the house. You plan a date with your favorite friend instead. Angie and I had decided Thursday just what to do. We agreed upon Walmart pizza and a movie. Walmart pizzas are yummy, in case you haven't tried them. Then again, I've met but few pizzas that I didn't like :) I told Angie that I would buy and she could cook. Deal! Yesterday around 4 p.m., Alana and I packed up the ready-to-be-cooked pizza and movie (I'll get to that in a minute) and headed to Angie's. We just kinda hung out for a little while and then Angie decided to put the pizza in the oven. The kids were "cooking" for us in Jalen's Elmo restaurant, and I guess it got the tummies growling. Jump to about 20 minutes later. The oven starts beeping. Is the pizza done already? No! The oven is just on the fritz, no longer heating, and will not stop beeping even when turned off. It's now 5:05 p.m. on Friday. Right...like anyone is going to be able to come fix this. Angie turned the breaker off. It was quiet. Well, the oven was anyway :) The pizza was only halfway done, so I decided to take it (in the 20 degree weather) back to my house to finish cooking it. I laughed at the thought, because I knew once I took it back outside it would be cold in a flash...but hey, at least the cheese would be melted! When I got back to Angie's with the pizza (yes, I admit I felt a little like a delivery girl), we were then greeted by one of the maintenance people for our property. While he is quite possibly the nicest one of the bunch, he seemed to have been getting his weekend fun on a little early...that's about as much as I will say about that, but it gave Angie and I some good laughs for the night. He left and came back, saying that he had a brand new stove to put in Angie's apartment, and asked if it could wait til morning...Then he mumbled something about pipes and left :) We ate, (the pizza was basically cold again by now) and then decided we should try to watch the movie before the kids got too out of hand. What movie did we rent, you ask? Ha! Well considering our first, second, and probably a bunch more choices were out, we settled on The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2. We'd both seen the first one, but I realized how much I forgot what happened in the 1st one about 20 seconds into the 2nd haha. I really wish we had like a camera crew to follow us around (not really, but) to show how ridiculous our lives can be at times. Angie had the tv turned up at the loudest it would possibly go, and we still could not hear it over the kids! They wanted Angie to blow bubbles during it, Jalen brought me a movie saying "ga-car, ga-car" (Madagascar)...Alana was tattling on Jalen for not sharing and Jalen was body slamming the dogs. It was a trip. Somehow we managed to finish the entire movie...luckily I don't plan on being quizzed on it anytime soon :) It's always a fun time hanging out with friends...Sometimes it's just a little more exciting than others. And that is not always a good thing! At least last night's drama is bringing Angie a new stove today! (hopefully it is NEW and not just new to her)...I still say I was slighted. The deal was I buy, YOU cook Angie :) JK! I woke up bright and early this morning to check-in for my flight to Nashville in the morning. Alana and I are spending this last week of Justin's trip to sea, at Nashville with Grammy and Gigi (my Grandma). I know it will be a fun time, as always...and on that note, I need to go pack!

Peace, Love and Date nights

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha I love it!!!!!! It was so fun...and funny!!! I wonder sometimes why do we even try things but hey I know I will never forget it and the kids overall seemed to have a good time...so I guess we did ok.... now lets just hope the maintance man didnt fix to many "pipes" last night and brings me my stove soon...he already smelt like he was ready for his night....he might forget he was even here :)!!!! Have fun packing...let me know if you need my suitecase!!! TTYS

Melanie said...

There is never a dull moment with kids. LOL

I guess the maintenance guy was in a hurry to get warm. I hope it didn't impair his memory.

Cold pizza sounds very appetizing (not). I would have microwaved it once the crust was cooked.

But such are the things memories are made of. :)