Monday, January 26, 2009

Nashville with Sweetikins.

We're baaaaaaack. Today I am trying to recover from the hysterical sobs that poured out of Alana's little body last night. We left Grammy's...what more can I say? It gets harder every time we leave. I love to go, but I hate leaving! While we were there, it was snowing and then warm, and then freezing again, but the time we spent there was full of all sorts of fun. It was lovely as always to be there with my family. My mom had to work some of the week in Philly, and we hung out at home with Grandma. Here's a few of the pics from the week...

Taking a picture for Justin :)
Ok, so this is Alana in her baby swing.
She sat in it more this trip than she did when she was an infant...She's a trip!
Grammy bought Alana this Horton Hears a Who game and it was SO fun! You had to pick up the clovers with your trunk and get back to the board before time ran out...Best $5 clearance buy ever! :) And sorry there are no pictures of me or my mom wearing the Horton hat!
Alana and I went to lunch with the Schnecks Thursday and then to the mall with Uncle Jonny and Liam. Those kids move too fast for my camera, so this is what you get :) It was fun...While we were sitting there, I thought to myself this is what life is now! I love me some Liam, too...
Friday night, we went to Pei Wei which happens to top my list of favorite restaurants. Alana is showing off her chopstick-ing skills. She was even eating the edamame two at a time!
Saturday we had lunch with Jon and Lindsay and Liam and then went to hang with them for a while. We won't be there for Liam's birthday tomorrow, so we took his gifts but he zonked out before getting to open them...On the way out of the neighborhood, we stopped at this fire hydrant. This is at the end of the street where my mom used to live. We took many-a-picture of Alana next to this fire hydrant to show how much she'd grown :) Let's just say the last time she was shorter than it...How time flies!
I am home now...Back to Port Norfolk. I haven't heard from Justin for 3 days now. It seems like a lifetime, though. It's bad enough when he's gone for so long, but when they take away our communication...let's just say I am hating on the Navy right now. I think he will be home in a couple days. I am ready to see my husband, and I am also ready to start planning my next trip to Nashville.

Peace, Love and Family Fun

5 comments:

Denise Schneck said...

I cried, too!

jon schneck said...

so good to see you guys. hopefully we can do it again soon.

love ya
js

Melanie said...

I think you were able to get some great pics! Glad to hear you were able to have such a nice visit. :)

I would have loved that game as a child. Horton Hears a Who was one of my favorite stories of all time (along with Go Do Go and Are You My Mother?) :)

I will pray that you hear from Justin very soon.

Anonymous said...

We are glad you guys are home!!! But so sad that you have to be away from your family too....Thanks for having us over for the pizza last night it was fun...and the toliet paper eating chick topped of my night!! haha

Jenna Lea said...

Goodness, looks like so much fun! Alana and Liam are so stinkin' cute!
I want to play the Horton Hears a Who game... :)
Hopefully you'll hear from Mr. Portas extemely soon! That must be so horribly hard. I'm praying for ya'll.